예수의 능력으로 일어나라(행3:6)

사랑과 비전이 넘치는 행복한 교회

a piece of bitter sweet news from Pastor Yongbom Lee

• 작성자 : 관리자
  • 조회 : 2,025
  • 15-07-13 01:41

Hello, my APC EM friends,
I have a piece of bitter sweet news to share with you guys today.

Universitas Pelita Harapan, a reformed Christian university nearby Jakarta, which is the only Christian liberal arts university in Indonesia, recently offered me a full-time lecturer position for this coming academic year. Diana and I prayerfully decided that this is a God-given teaching and mission opportunity that I should take in faith.

As you guys know, God opened a door for Diana to teach as a visiting assistant professor for Pepperdine University in this coming year. This means that we need to live apart for a year to pursue our careers.

This is difficult but we trust in the Lord’s faithfulness and guidance. Also, this means that I have to resign my position as APC EM pastor. I cannot believe that it has been almost three years that I have been serving APC. There have been both joys and challenges. As Apostle Paul writes to the Philippians (4:1), you guys are my joy and my crown before the Lord. I tried my hardest to model Christ in everything I do so that you can imitate me, as I imitate Christ. However, there have been many shortcomings and failures on my part. I take comfort in Paul’s words in 1 Cor 15:58, “Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” Although I would not be physically with you guys after August 9th, I would continue to pray for you and keep in touch with you through Facebook. Diana will continue to be around the area and invest in the lives of APC EM friends.Thank you so much for bearing with my boring sermons and working with me in the past three years. You have been a wonderful congregation and become my good friends. Let us continue to trust in God and live out our faith in the act of love and service. Support the new pastor in everything, whoever that may be.

I want to spend quality time with you until August 9th. My last APC EM retreat will be July 18th and 19th. Please join us for the retreat, since this is a special one for me.

I am sorry about this sudden news but I am hopeful because God is in control of everything. God does not need me (or anyone else) to bless and lead His church. I am just an unworthy servant. It has been my honor to serve as APC EM pastor in the past three years. God bless you all and see you on this Sunday!
댓글목록

15-07-18 23:56
인도네시아 기독교 대학교 Universita Pelita Harapan (Jakarta) 2015-2016 학년도 신학 교수 초빙.